Since I started Distilled History, I’ve been shocked by the number of requests I get to actually stand up and talk about the stuff I’ve written about. And I have found that I have a great time doing it.
If you have a neighborhood organization, a club, a retail store, a bar or restaurant, or any sort of group that would enjoy a presentation, tour, or event about Lost Treasures of St. Louis or Distilled History (or both), please contact me. My presentations include full slide shows and I can customize presentations based on the group or event. I can even provide the projector.
Upcoming Appearances, Presentations, and Events:
- The Book House – I’ll be signing copies of Lost Treasures of St. Louis at the Book House in Maplewood as part of Independent Bookstore Day on Saturday, April 29 from 11am to 2pm
- Lost Treasures of St. Louis Book Launch Party – Sunday, April 30, 2015 – 4pm to 7pm at the Campbell House Museum
- Distilled History of Dogtown – May 4, 2017 at 7:00pm at the Pat Connolly Tavern (more information coming soon!)
- The Charlie Brennan Show – I’ll be talking about Lost Treasures of St. Louis on Monday, May 29 at 10:00am
- STL-Style – Book signing and Lost Treasures of St. Louis/Distilled History at STL-Style (the best St. Louis store in St. Louis) – Saturday, June 3, 2017 – 12pm to 2pm
- St. Louis Central Library – Lost Treasures of St. Louis (and a bit of Distilled History) presentation and book signing – Thursday, July 13 at 6:30pm
- Sappington-Concord Historical Society – Lost Treasures of St. Louis presentation and signing at Friendship Village in Sunset Hills – September 21, 2016 at 2:30pm
- Historical Society of Affton – Lost Treasures of St. Louis presentation at Oakland House. October 22, 2016
And finally, I can still be found leading tours at the Campbell House Museum. The Campbell House is my favorite bit of history in St. Louis, and the inspiration for what I do here. I don’t have a set schedule, but I’m usually there one or two Saturdays a month. If you’d to like my tour, please send me and email and I’ll let you know when I’ll be there next.
I also lead tours of Lucas Place for the Campbell House, and a few of those are in the process of being scheduled. Both tours are very fun, and I often have special Campbell-themed homebrew on hand that I’ll give you for free when the tour is over (no joke).
Past Events & Other Fun Stuff I’ve Participated In:
- FOX 2 AM Show – Interview from Sunday, April 23 about Lost Treasures of St. Louis (Click here to view the segment)
- #drinkuptweetupSTL – Each year, I team up with the Campbell House Museum for a fun history happy hour in the Campbell garden. The third annual tweetup occurred on September 30, 2016
- “The Best of Distilled History” – Presentation for the Daughters of the American Revolution – March 20, 2017
- “The Best of Distilled History” – Presentation for the St. Louis chapter of Phi Kappa Psi – March 2017
- A presentation of “Distilled History’s Best of St. Louis” – Steris Corporation’s Annual Meeting – September 22, 2016
- “Prohibition in St. Louis” Bicycle Tour – September 5, 2015 & September 24, 2016 (Sponsored by Trailnet)
- Tour leader for a “Ulysses S. Grant Walking Tour” – Sponsored by the Missouri Humanities Council – September 18, 2016
- “The Story of Beer in St. Louis” – Missouri History Museum’s “History on Tap” series – July 22, 2016
- “Drinking Up Compton & Dry’s St. Louis” at the Missouri History Museum as part of their exhibit celebrating Compton & Dry’s 1875 Pictorial St. Louis – August 9, 2015
- “The Germans and Beer in St. Louis” – Presentation for the Germans in St. Louis Discussion Group – October, 2015
- Presenter at Pecha Kucha 12 (YouTube Link) – September 26, 2013
- “Distilled History of Gin” A Workshop, Gin Tasting, and Trivia Session at Natasha’s Gin Room – August 8, 2015
- South St. Louis Brewing Heritage Tours for Landmarks Association of St. Louis
- St. Louis Architecture Tours for Revitalize St. Louis
- Fox 2 News interview with John Pertzborn – Summer 2014 (Click here to view the segment)
- Emcee for RFT’s 2013 Iron Fork Mixology Competition