Since I started Distilled History, I’ve been shocked by the number of requests I get to stand up and share my love of St. Louis history in person. Fortunately, I also realized that I really enjoy it. And since Lost Treasures of St. Louis was published last year, I’ve had a blast roaming around St. Louis and telling stories about its wonderful past. And now that St. Louis Brews: The History of Brewing in the Gateway City, 3rd Edition is out (8/8/18), the events are only getting better.
If you have a neighborhood organization, a club, a church, a retail store, a bar, or any sort of group that would enjoy a presentation, tour, or event filled with St. Louis Brews, Lost Treasures of St. Louis, Distilled History (or a mix of all three), please contact me. My presentations include full slide shows, great stories, and plenty of St. Louis memories. I can also customize presentations (time, subject matter) based on the group or event.
Best of all, I do not charge a speaking fee if can sell books at the event. I can even provide the projector and screen.
Please contact me to make a reservation: email@example.com
- St. Louis Brews Trivia Night with Lemmon’s Trivia
- Monday, August 13, 2018 @ 8pm at the Copper Pig
- Grab a team of friends and test your St. Louis beer history knowledge. Winning team gets a free signed book. I’ll also be signing copies for purchase.
- St. Louis Brews Signing & Presentation at the YMCA Book Fair
- Saturday August 18, 2018 at the Greensfelder Recreation Center in Queeny Park.
- I’ll be signing St. Louis Brews from 12pm-2pm followed by a slideshow presentation of the history of beer in St. Louis from 2-3pm
- Tickets are required for this event
- St. Louis Brews Signing & Presentation at the Warrenton Scenic Library
- Tuesday, August 28, 2018 @ 7pm
- Note: This event will held at the Warren County Museum due to library construction. The address is: 102 W Walton St, Warrenton, MO 63383
- St. Louis Brews History Bus Tour – Sponsored by the Novel Neighbor Bookstore
- Saturday, September 15
- Join me as I lead a bus tour of St. Louis brewing history. Tour will include stops at historic beer sites and several St. Louis breweries
- This event is still in the planning stages. More details coming soon!
- St. Louis Brews Signing at the Book House in Maplewood, MO
- Saturday, October 6
- Time is still be determined. Check back soon!
- St. Louis Brews Signing at Bellefontaine Cemetery’s Beer Barons Tour
- Saturday, October 13 and Sunday, October 14
- I’ll be on-hand signing copies of St. Louis Brews at Bellefontaine Cemetery’s annual (and fantastic) Beer Barons of Bellefontaine Tour. More details coming soon.
In the Planning Stages
- St. Louis Brewery Events – I’m currently in the process of lining up events and presentations at some of the great local breweries in operation in St. Louis.
- 2018 Drinkup Tweetup at the Campbell House – I’ll be signing copies of both books at our annual garden happy hour at the Campbell House Museum. Details coming soon!
Most of my events these days are related to Lost Treasures of St. Louis, but you shouldn’t miss my tour at the Campbell House Museum. The Campbell House is my favorite bit of history in St. Louis, and the inspiration for everything I do in Distilled History. I’ve been a volunteer there since 2012, and the place is an amazing source of great St. Louis history.
I don’t have a set schedule, but I’m usually there one or two Saturdays a month. If you’d to like to take my tour, please send me and email and I’ll let you know when I’ll be there next. Or, feel free to call the Campbell House and they can let you know when I’m on the schedule.
I also lead tours of Lucas Place for the Campbell House, and a few of those are in the process of being scheduled. Both tours are very fun, and I often have special Campbell-themed homebrew on hand that I’ll give you for free when the tour is over (no joke).
- Our favorite books of 2017: From lost treasure to family sagas – St. Louis Post-Dispatch – December 1, 2017
- ‘Did you know our warehouse is burning down?’ St. Louis publisher, authors reeling – St. Louis Post-Dispatch – November 16, 2017
- Cameron Collins – New Book “Lost Treasures of St. Louis” (radio interview) The John Carney Show on 550KTRS – June 15, 2017
- Lost Treasures of St. Louis (radio interview) – The Charlie Brennan Show – Monday, May 29, 2017
- Author Cameron Collins Catches Up With TMG (radio interview) – The Midday Grind on KFNS – May 23, 2017
- Read This Now: Lost Treasures of St. Louis by Stefene Russell – St. Louis Magazine – May 18, 2017
- Lost But Not Forgotten: 400 St. Louis Treasures by Jane Henderson – St. Louis Post-Dispatch, May 18, 2017
- The Parkmoor, Phil the Gorilla, the floating McDonald’s and other ‘lost treasures’ of St. Louis (radio interview with Don Marsh) – 90.7 KWMU’s St. Louis On The Air – May 12, 2017
- Revisit Forgotten St. Louis Landmarks in New Book (televesion interview) – FOX2 Morning Show – April 21, 2017
- Once, a Floating McDonald’s Brought Golden Arches to the Banks of the Arch by Cheryl Baehr – The Riverfront Times – May 4, 2017
- 20 Things You Can’t Do in St. Louis Anymore – The Riverfront Times – May 5, 2017
- Did Classic Cocktails Like the Martini and Tom Collins Originate in St. Louis? – St. Louis Magazine – December 15, 2016
- St. Louis Distilled History Blog (television interview) – FOX2 News with John Pertzborn – June 4, 2014
- Local Blog Recounts St. Louis History One Cocktail at a Time by Kaitlyn Steinberg – The Riverfront Times – January 23, 2013
Past Events & Other Fun Stuff I’ve Participated In:
- St. Louis Brews, 3rd Edition Presentations & Book Signings:
- St. Louis Brewers Picnic
- Lost Treasures of St. Louis Presentations & Book Signings:
- St. Louis Central Library, St. Charles Public Library, The Welcome Club Gateway to Friendship, St. Albans Country Club, Carondelet Historical Society, Oasis Institute, St. Louis Rotary, Sunset Hills Rotary Club, Daughters of the American Revolution, Meramec Bluffs Retirement Community, Barnes & Noble, Christopher’s Gifts, The Book House, Kirkwood Public Library, Historical Society of Affton, Sappington-Concord Historical Society, O’Fallon Historical Society, and many others
- “St. Louis & Beer: A History” – November 30, 2017 at the Pat Connolly Tavern
- “History of the Royale and Lost Treasures of St. Louis” – Presentation and book signing at The Royale – Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Lemmon’s Trivia at Copper Pig & Book Signing – May 22, 2017 at the Copper Pig. Sponsored by Jacobsmeyer Realty
- “The Distilled History of Dogtown” – May 25, 2017 at 7:00pm at the Pat Connolly Tavern
- Book signing and Lost Treasures of St. Louis/Distilled History Presentation at STL-Style – Saturday, June 3, 2017
- #drinkuptweetupSTL – Each year, I team up with the Campbell House Museum for a fun history happy hour in the Campbell garden. The third annual tweetup occurred on September 30, 2016
- “The Best of Distilled History” – Presentation for the Daughters of the American Revolution – March 20, 2017
- “The Best of Distilled History” – Presentation for the St. Louis chapter of Phi Kappa Psi – March 2017
- A presentation of “Distilled History’s Best of St. Louis” – Steris Corporation’s Annual Meeting – September 22, 2016
- “Prohibition in St. Louis” Bicycle Tour – September 5, 2015 & September 24, 2016 (Sponsored by Trailnet)
- Tour leader for the “Ulysses S. Grant Walking Tour” – Sponsored by the Missouri Humanities Council – September 18, 2016
- “The Story of Beer in St. Louis” – Missouri History Museum’s “History on Tap” series – July 22, 2016
- “Drinking Up Compton & Dry’s St. Louis” at the Missouri History Museum as part of their exhibit celebrating Compton & Dry’s 1875 Pictorial St. Louis – August 9, 2015
- “The Germans and Beer in St. Louis” – Presentation for the Germans in St. Louis Discussion Group – October, 2015
- Presenter at Pecha Kucha 12 (YouTube Link) – September 26, 2013
- “Distilled History of Gin” A Workshop, Gin Tasting, and Trivia Session at Natasha’s Gin Room – August 8, 2015
- South St. Louis Brewing Heritage Tours for Landmarks Association of St. Louis
- St. Louis Architecture Tours for Revitalize St. Louis
- Emcee for RFT’s 2013 Iron Fork Mixology Competition