If you have a neighborhood organization, a club, a church, a retail store, a bar, or any sort of group that would enjoy a presentation, tour, or event filled with St. Louis Brews, Lost Treasures of St. Louis, Distilled History (or a mix of all three), please contact me. My presentations include full slide shows, great stories, and plenty of St. Louis memories. I can also customize presentations (time, subject matter) based on the group or event.
Best of all, I do not charge a speaking fee if can sell books at the event. I can even provide the projector and screen.
Please contact me to make a reservation: email@example.com
- Stay Tuned! I’m currently in the process of lining up events for the 2019 calendar.
Most of my events these days are related to Lost Treasures of St. Louis, but you shouldn’t miss my tour at the Campbell House Museum. The Campbell House is my favorite bit of history in St. Louis, and the inspiration for everything I do in Distilled History. I’ve been a volunteer there since 2012, and the place is an amazing source of great St. Louis history.
I don’t have a set schedule, but I’m usually there one or two Saturdays a month. If you’d to like to take my tour, please send me and email and I’ll let you know when I’ll be there next. Or, feel free to call the Campbell House and they can let you know when I’m on the schedule.
I also lead tours of Lucas Place for the Campbell House, and a few of those are in the process of being scheduled. Both tours are very fun, and I often have special Campbell-themed homebrew on hand that I’ll give you for free when the tour is over (no joke).
- Our favorite books of 2017: From lost treasure to family sagas – St. Louis Post-Dispatch – December 1, 2017
- ‘Did you know our warehouse is burning down?’ St. Louis publisher, authors reeling – St. Louis Post-Dispatch – November 16, 2017
- Cameron Collins – New Book “Lost Treasures of St. Louis” (radio interview) The John Carney Show on 550KTRS – June 15, 2017
- Lost Treasures of St. Louis (radio interview) – The Charlie Brennan Show – Monday, May 29, 2017
- Author Cameron Collins Catches Up With TMG (radio interview) – The Midday Grind on KFNS – May 23, 2017
- Read This Now: Lost Treasures of St. Louis by Stefene Russell – St. Louis Magazine – May 18, 2017
- Lost But Not Forgotten: 400 St. Louis Treasures by Jane Henderson – St. Louis Post-Dispatch, May 18, 2017
- The Parkmoor, Phil the Gorilla, the floating McDonald’s and other ‘lost treasures’ of St. Louis (radio interview with Don Marsh) – 90.7 KWMU’s St. Louis On The Air – May 12, 2017
- Revisit Forgotten St. Louis Landmarks in New Book (televesion interview) – FOX2 Morning Show – April 21, 2017
- Once, a Floating McDonald’s Brought Golden Arches to the Banks of the Arch by Cheryl Baehr – The Riverfront Times – May 4, 2017
- 20 Things You Can’t Do in St. Louis Anymore – The Riverfront Times – May 5, 2017
- Did Classic Cocktails Like the Martini and Tom Collins Originate in St. Louis? – St. Louis Magazine – December 15, 2016
- St. Louis Distilled History Blog (television interview) – FOX2 News with John Pertzborn – June 4, 2014
- Local Blog Recounts St. Louis History One Cocktail at a Time by Kaitlyn Steinberg – The Riverfront Times – January 23, 2013
Past Events & Other Fun Stuff I’ve Participated In:
- St. Louis Brews, 3rd Edition Presentations & Book Signings:
- St. Louis Brewers Picnic, The St. Louis Brewer’s Guild, Alpha Brewing, Bellefontaine Cemetery, The Novel Neighbor (bus tour), Maplewood Public Library, Shrewsbury Kiwanis, Sunset Hills Rotary Club, The Victorian Society of St. Louis, Barnes & Noble, Costco, Abigail’s Gift Boutique, and many others.
- Lost Treasures of St. Louis Presentations & Book Signings:
- St. Louis Central Library, St. Charles Public Library, The Welcome Club Gateway to Friendship, St. Albans Country Club, Carondelet Historical Society, Oasis Institute, St. Louis Rotary, Sunset Hills Rotary Club, Daughters of the American Revolution, Meramec Bluffs Retirement Community, Barnes & Noble, Christopher’s Gifts, The Book House, Kirkwood Public Library, Historical Society of Affton, Sappington-Concord Historical Society, O’Fallon Historical Society, and many others.
- The History of Prohibition in St. Louis – Urban Chestnut’s Lager Summer Speaker Series – March 31, 2019
- “The Distilled History of Gin” – May 20, 2019 at Alpha Brewing Company
- “St. Louis & Beer: A History” – November 30, 2017 at the Pat Connolly Tavern
- “History of the Royale and Lost Treasures of St. Louis” – Presentation and book signing at The Royale – Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Lemmon’s Trivia at Copper Pig & Book Signing – May 22, 2017 at the Copper Pig. Sponsored by Jacobsmeyer Realty
- “The Distilled History of Dogtown” – May 25, 2017 at 7:00pm at the Pat Connolly Tavern
- Book signing and Lost Treasures of St. Louis/Distilled History Presentation at STL-Style – Saturday, June 3, 2017
- #drinkuptweetupSTL – Each year, I team up with the Campbell House Museum for a fun history happy hour in the Campbell garden. The third annual tweetup occurred on September 30, 2016
- “The Best of Distilled History” – Presentation for the Daughters of the American Revolution – March 20, 2017
- “The Best of Distilled History” – Presentation for the St. Louis chapter of Phi Kappa Psi – March 2017
- A presentation of “Distilled History’s Best of St. Louis” – Steris Corporation’s Annual Meeting – September 22, 2016
- “Prohibition in St. Louis” Bicycle Tour – September 5, 2015 & September 24, 2016 (Sponsored by Trailnet)
- Tour leader for the “Ulysses S. Grant Walking Tour” – Sponsored by the Missouri Humanities Council – September 18, 2016
- “The Story of Beer in St. Louis” – Missouri History Museum’s “History on Tap” series – July 22, 2016
- “Drinking Up Compton & Dry’s St. Louis” at the Missouri History Museum as part of their exhibit celebrating Compton & Dry’s 1875 Pictorial St. Louis – August 9, 2015
- “The Germans and Beer in St. Louis” – Presentation for the Germans in St. Louis Discussion Group – October, 2015
- Presenter at Pecha Kucha 12 (YouTube Link) – September 26, 2013
- “Distilled History of Gin” A Workshop, Gin Tasting, and Trivia Session at Natasha’s Gin Room – August 8, 2015
- South St. Louis Brewing Heritage Tours for Landmarks Association of St. Louis
- St. Louis Architecture Tours for Revitalize St. Louis
- Emcee for RFT’s 2013 Iron Fork Mixology Competition